What is Our Times‘ Mission?
Our Times serves as an open forum thought-source that facilitates progressive perspectives and democratic values on an international scale. We fundamentally believe that global change for the positive is possible through connecting inspired thinkers from around the world. In this regard, the Mission at Our Times is the following:
- To promote Progressive Perspectives, Democratic Values and Human Rights at local, regional, national and international levels.
- To facilitate an open, fair and respectful communication forum, where all views that seek to bring out the best in human nature are welcome.
- To provide an empowered and inspiring thought source for the global community.
- To provide a space where our readers can feel good and hopeful.
- To remind Our Times’ readers, whether through writing, metaphor or imagery, that we are all in this together. We are all one.
Active Participation is Key
Understanding that active participation is critical to the success of Our Times’ Mission, we will continuously strive to promote active participation of a global readership by:
- Requesting your thoughts and views on any subject of consequence. This would come through sending us articles, commentaries or interviews that are in keeping with Our Times’ mission.
- Requesting that you share Our Times’ content through social media.
- Requesting that you get your friends, family and community involved in the idea that “We Are All One”.
We Want to Hear From You!
If you, as one of our readers, would like to contribute content (written articles, opinion pieces, interviews, photography) about any subject around the world, and if it helps us move our Mission forward, we want to hear from you! If your contributed content is in line with our Mission, we’ll post it not only to our website, but to our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and give you full credit for your contributions. This will allow you to more easily share your good work within your own networks as an Our Times contributor. Simply send your content to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the following:
- Your name
- Where you’re from
- Your Twitter/Instagram handle/username (if you have one of these accounts)
- One sentence, in your own words, about what inspires you to be the best person you can be.
Remember that in order for your commentary to be considered, it must be in line with our Mission.