Our Times is thrilled to be attending the San Fransisco Freedom Forum (SFFF) this Thursday, September 29th, 2016! SFFF is an offshoot from the Oslo Freedom Forum, which brings together amazing people from around the world who work tirelessly to promote democratic values, human rights and to make the world a better place to live, often times in the face of extreme oppression.
SFFF is partnering with Humanity United and the William K. Bowes, Jr. Foundation, in order to bring participants three sessions of talks from some of the Oslo Freedom Forum’s most powerful speakers. The event will take place at San Francisco’s Regency Center. Included in the programming will be live art performances, as well as a showcasing of technology organizations, and the products they design to further the cause of human rights on a global scale. Later in the day the Human Rights Foundation will celebrate its 10-year anniversary with a dinner at the Palace Hotel.
Speakers at the San Francisco Freedom Forum will include the following:
- Hyeonseo Lee: North Korean defector and author
- Anastasia Lin: Chinese-Canadian actress, and human rights advocate
- Zineb El Rhazoui: Moroccan-French, Charlie Hebdo writer
- Roya Mahboob: Afghan software entrepreneur
- Anjan Sundaram: Investigative journalist
- Abdalaziz Alhamza: Syrian activist and founder of “Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently”
- Rosa Maria Payá: Cuban democracy advocate
- Rachana Sunar: Nepalese child marriage opponent
- Kimberley Motley: American lawyer
- Yulia Marushevska: Ukrainian democracy activist and viral video star
Our Times hopes to interview as many of the above individuals as possible. Interviews will be posted intermittently over the next few weeks. To get more immediate updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter!